Violin Lessons in Austin and Cedar Park
Our unique approach to teaching violin lessons allows students to develop into excellent violinists through joyful activities. Students learn to become well-rounded musicians by playing music they love, studying with an expert instructor, and participating in group classes with other students every week. Many of our students have gone on to study music in college and become professional musicians. Many more students simply enjoy playing the violin for themselves and friends.
A Well-Rounded Approach
Violin lessons are special at Orpheus because students learn the skills to be well-rounded musicians: read music, play their favorite songs, perform with great technique, and play music with their friends. Students grow as complete musicians with the help of Private Lessons, Musicianship Classes. Students are encouraged to learn music in a deeper way, not just play a few songs. The skills and experiences they receive at Orpheus will provide them with a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Students will also benefit from the development of discipline, life-skills, and friendships.
Violin Lessons - Musicianship Class and Private Lessons
Students learn violin in a 45-minute group class each week through fun, age-appropriate games and activities. Each musical and technical concept is taught through hearing, singing, moving, seeing, and thinking. Young children become masters of the songs and techniques in a very short time because of this. All students in group classes also attend a 30-minute private lesson each week. In private violin lessons, students receive individualized attention and focus from one of our expert teachers. This attention allows them to excel and develop their own unique interest in the violin. Students will master musical skills like great technique, improvising, sight-reading, singing in tune, and music theory. Students also experience the joy of playing violin with students on other instruments in ensembles.
Austin, TX Violin Lessons and the Musical Journey
Students enrolled at Orpheus Academy learn a lot more than a few songs in lessons. Unlike other Austin music academies, Orpheus violin students participate in the Musical Journey Program. This program helps every student set exciting year-long goals for their practice and performance. Many students have admitted that their projects like home-concerts, CD’s, and public concerts (both solo and with friends) have been some of the most powerful experiences of their lives.
Why take lessons at Orpheus?
- Our violin teachers are the finest from around the country - all of our teachers have Masters or Doctoral Degrees in violin, have years of experience, and are passionate about teaching.
- We teach students of all ages and skill levels. From kids to adults and beginners to advanced musicians.
- Our Sound to Symbol curriculum is the most innovative method available. Relying on over 15 years of collaborative development, our school has developed a way to teach what you want to learn.
- With locations in Austin and Cedar Park, anyone in the area of Austin, Round Rock, and Leander, TX can take lessons.
- We are the only school in Austin or Cedar Park/Leander to use the Musical Journey Level Achievement System to provide inspiring goals for students to achieve.